If you’re shopping for an emerald ring this Christmas season or for any season, you may have a mental image in mind of what you’d like, but Embassy Emeralds would like to give you more to think about and suggest three main criteria or characteristics to consider before deciding which ring is right for you.
1) Emerald Quality – Emerald quality is a very important consideration as it will have a major impact on the other two considerations that follow. If you’re on a budget, you may not be able to afford the emerald you dream of, so you must carefully weigh the different emerald characteristics such as color and clarity and the presence or prevalence of inclusions in order to choose a stone that you can be satisfied with, within your budget.
2) Price – The price of your ring is highly dependent on the quantity and quality of the materials used to make it. Remember, that while you can find cheap gemstone jewelry all over the internet, you almost always get what you pay for. Any smart vendor knows what their merchandise is worth so you should be realistic about the quality you expect to receive if you buy a cheap ring. Cheap emerald rings will often have poor quality emeralds from Africa, South Asia, or Brazil; dull, low quality accent diamonds; and be made of cheap 14kt gold alloys.
3) Design – Design is very important because obviously you want a design that you’re going to enjoy well after the initial excitement of having a beautiful new emerald ring subsides a little. For some, that means having a ring design that focuses mainly on the emerald and lets you easily admire and study its features and for others that means having a well balanced design that’s simply pleasing as a complete package without much focus on the size of the emerald or any single feature.
Here we’ve put up several of our emerald ring designs to show you some of the unlimited creative possibilities. Notice how some feature mostly just the emerald and others focus more on the complete design. Many of these rings are currently available for purchase at Embassy Emeralds.
Emerald Ring Notes:
– Fine jewelers will only work with gold that is 18kt or higher. If a jeweler or online jewelry seller has only 14kt gold pieces, this may tell you something about the quality of the jewelry you can expect from the vendor. It may also tell you that you can probably expect lower quality emeralds and accent diamonds as well.
– If buying online or from a catalog, keep in mind that while some sellers may have dozens of rings of a given style in their inventory, their website or catalog will only show a picture of one of them. Emeralds and other gems vary from stone to stone, so you may not get one that looks the same as in the picture. (Almost all of jewelry items for sale on Embassy Emeralds are one of kind pieces and the pictures shown are of the actual jewel.)
– Colombian emeralds are the finest emeralds in the world and the difference in price is often noticeable, but so is the quality. If you are only interested in owning quality emeralds, be sure the ring you choose contains only Colombian emeralds.
– You might think that all accent diamonds are the same, but this is most certainly not the case. Fine jewelers use only good quality accent diamonds in their pieces, but you’d be surprised at how few jewelers on the average do this. Good quality accent diamonds cost several times more than cheaper ones, but the difference is very noticeable and a knowledgeable customer will identify a cheap accent right away. If you’ve never paid much attention, we recommend you do and demand more from your jeweler.
All of the above designs are available online only from Embassy Emeralds. Some may have been sold but can be recreated to meet your individual requirements, with or without modifications to the original design.